When attempting to add a video via the YouTube Mashup tool, you may see a 403 error
Manually copy the embed code from YouTube and paste it into Blackboard.
Get the HTML code from Youtube
- Go to the YouTube video you want to embed
- Underneath the video, click the icon
- Click Embed
- Amend the embed options as you require, then click Copy
Add the HTML code into Blackboard
- Go to the page on Blackboard where you want the YouTube video to be embedded
- Make sure edit mode is switched on, then click Build Content then Item
- Give the item an appropriate name
- If you only see one row of toolbar icons in the text editor, click the two downward facing buttons at the right hand side to show all buttons
- Click the HTML button on the toolbar
- The HTML editor code view window will open, right click into the editor and click paste
- Click Update to close the HTML code view window.
- Click Submit