You can create assignments in several courses areas, such as in a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder. Students access the assignment, type a submission, attach files, and submit it. You can respond to each student separately with comments and attached files.
You can also create assignments which can
- …accept group work (where one student uploads work on behalf of the group)
- …be graded anonymously
- …be delegated to a number of markers.
Blackboard’s help site has more information on these options.
- Navigate to the page on your Blackboard course where you’d like the link to appear
- On the action bar, go to Assessments and then click Assignment
- Enter a name for the assignment. This will be what the student sees and will also be the name of the Grade Centre column for this assignment.
- Enter any instructions you would displayed on screen when the student submits work.
- If you have any supporting files for this assignment on your computer, attach them by clicking Browse My Computer
- If you want to attach a file that has already been uploaded tot his course, click Browse Course
- Set a due date and time for the assignment.
- Set how many points this assignment is worth. If you want to use a rubric with this assignment, you can create a new/associate an existing one here.
- If you want to hide grades/feedback from students (eg so you can mark all of the submissions and release them in one go)
- Expand the Display of Grades section
- Untick Show to students in My Grades IMPORTANT This will only hide the individual column from a students view. The grade will still be included in calculated columns such as “Total”. To hide it from Calculated Columns; untick Include in Grade Center grading calculations
- If you’d like to make the assignment unavailable to students, or to set when it will display after/until, enter your choices here
- Click Submit
- Published: 4 years ago
- Updated: 3 years ago