Instructors and students can make use of the Kaltura mashup tool wherever they have access to the Blackboard content editor.
This opens up the use of video for your students in tools like discussion boards, assignments, etc.
- To get to the Kaltura mashup, expand the content area so you can see all the toolbars
- Select Kaltura Media from the Mashups dropdown
- Kaltura will open in a popup window. You can
- Search for and select an existing video to embed – Click Select next to the required video, then skip to the last step, or
- Upload a new video into Kaltura – Click Add New, click Media Upload and move to the next step
- Click Choose a file to upload to select the files to upload.
- Drag and drop your files from the Windows Explorer/macOS Finder
- The next screen will show you the upload progress, and let you add information about your video into Kaltura. Information you add here will make it easier to find your videos in Kaltura at a later date. When you have filled out the information you need, click Save and Embed
- The Katura pop up window will close, and you will be taken back to creating/editing the Blackboard item. Note that the video will not be shown here, you will see a placeholder (the yellow box).
Make any other changes you need to the content item (title, description, date release etc), then click Submit