Using the Mashup tool
Instructors and students can make use of the Kaltura mashup tool wherever they have access to the Blackboard content editor. This opens up the use of video for your students in tools like discussion boards, assignments, etc.
- To get to the Kaltura mashup, expand the content area so you can see all the toolbars
- Select Kaltura Media from the Mashups dropdown
- This screen shows you all of the media you have uploaded to Kaltura. To add a new file, click Add Media near the top right of the screen, and then Upload Media or Record from Webcam
- Click Browse to select the files to upload.
- You can select multiple files by holding down control and clicking each file to upload
- Each file may be no bigger than 1.8GB
- When you’ve chosen all of your files, you’ll see the list of files that will be uploaded. If you’ve made a mistake, you can remove a file from the upload list by clicking the bin icon. When you’re happy with the list to upload, click Upload!
- Your files will upload. At the end of this process, you’ll see the status of each upload. Click Next
- Enter the title of the video, as well as any tags and description if required
- On this screen, choose if you want to display the media information next to the link to view the video. When you’ve set the options, click Submit
This adds the video into the content editor.
- Published: 5 years ago
- Updated: 4 years ago