Creating Group Assignments
Group assignments differ to individual assignments in that only one member of a Blackboard group can submit the work on behalf of the whole group.
You can create group assignments in several courses areas, such as in a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder.
- Navigate to the page on your Blackboard course where you’d like the link to appear
- On the action bar, go to Assessments and then click Assignment
- Enter a name for the assignment. This will be what the student sees and will also be the name of the Grade Centre column for this assignment.
- Enter any instructions you would display on screen when the student submits work.
- If you have any supporting files for this assignment on your computer, attach them by clicking Browse My Computer
- If you want to attach a file that has already been uploaded to this course, click Browse Course
- Set a due date and time for the assignment.
- Set how many points this assignment is worth. If you want to use a rubric with this assignment, you can create a new/associate an existing one here.
- Expand the Submission Details section.
- Click the Group Submission radio button.
- Select the number of submission attempts that students are allowed.
- Select the groups that will be submitting to this assignment, using the shuffle box.
- If appropriate tick the box to use SafeAssign and have the submission checked by the Plagiarism Tools.
- Expand the Grading Options section.
- Tick Enable Anonymous Marking if appropriate.
- Tick Enable Delegated Marking if appropriate.
- Expand the Display of Grades section.
Untick Show to students in My Grades IMPORTANT This will only hide the individual column from a students view. The grade will still be included in calculated columns such as “Total”. To hide it from Calculated Columns; untick Include in Grade Center grading calculations
- If you’d like to make the assignment unavailable to students, or to set when it will display after/until, enter your choices here
- Click Submit
- Published: 3 months ago