Communicating – Mini Guide
Blackboard has a number of tools to assist communication within your module. This could be you as the lecturer communicating with your students or your students communicating with each other. Below are some tutorials to get you going within this topic.
- Email is one of the most basic mass communication tools Blackboard provides.
- Group email allows for efficient communication. The recipient list is automatically populated with group members, so you can quickly select all or some of them.
- Sending Email From the Grade Centre whilst you are engaged with grading allows you to provide immediate feedback to students.
- The Retention Centre also allows you to send an email to an individual or group of students that have met a Rule criteria.
Announcements allow you to post timely information in a “notice board” style.
The Calendar is not strictly a communications tool but can be used very effectively to communicate timely information.
- Discussion boards are one of the most versatile communications tools in Blackboard.
- Group Discussion boards can be used to assist collaborative group work.
- Published: 5 years ago
- Updated: 2 years ago