IMPORTANT If you are using this feature to mark a Blackboard Assignment, it will not work if the submission is being marked anonymously.
BEFORE YOU START Add a Smart View to your Blackboard Group (How?)
Apply your Smart View to the Grade Centre
- Go to the Full Grade Centre in your course. Click on Manage and then select Smart View from the pop up menu.
- Click on the name of the group you wish to filter the Grade Centre by.
- You will be returned to the Grade Centre which will now contain only students in the selected Blackboard group.
Access your marking from the filtered list
- Find the column for your assessment, you will see various icons in the column’s cells:
– An exclamation mark in a gold circle, this student’s work is waiting to be marked.
– Two dashes, this student has not submitted.
– A blue clock, this student has left their work in draft. You will not be able to see the work and only the student can complete the submission.
- Hover over the cell and click on the menu icon.
From the pop up menu, select the attempt to be marked (if there are multiple attempts it is likely you will need the most recent).
- You will now be taken to the usual marking screen.
- When you are ready to mark the next assignment, click on Grade Centre in the breadcrumb trail at the top of the screen to return to your Smart View.
- IMPORTANT Do not use the arrows to jump to the next assignment as this will select assignments not included in your Smart View.
Do not return to the Grade Centre via the left hand menu as this will return you to the full Grade Centre and loose your Smart View.