Creating a SignUp List
Follow the steps below to create a single SignUp list. Alternatively, if you want to create several similar lists at once, you can Batch Create a set of lists, then edit them individually afterwards.
- Go to the content area where you want the link to the list to appear
- Select Build Content, then click SignUp List
- Give the list a descriptive name, making sure that it is unique to this course, and provide more context in the text field – details of the sign up period and number of people currently on the list will be added automatically.
- Set the dates and times where you want students to be able to sign up. Outside of these dates, your students will be told that it isn’t open/has closed.
- Set the number of places available on this list, and if you want students to be able to sign up to a reserve list – if you don’t want a reserve list, set this to zero. Then set the options
- Show names on the list applies to the students view of this list. If it is ticked, they see everyone else on the list. If it is unticked, they will only see their own
- Choose if you want students to be able to remove themselves from the list, and reserve list (if you have set one)
- You can get the SignUp list to also populate a Blackboard group, and also select if students are automatically added to the group.
- Create a group if you want your students to engage with each other using blogs, wikis etc
- If you’re just using this list as a way of collecting students’ names, you probably won’t want a Blackboard group with this list, so select None
- Finally, you’ll see the familiar Blackboard options for a piece of content.
- When you’re done, click Submit
- If the SignUp list is populating a group, you will see the Create Group screen.
- Edit the group name and description, if required
- Choose which tools are available to the members in the group
- Click Submit when you’re done.
This will add the link to the SignUp list to the content area.
- Published: 3 years ago
- Updated: 3 years ago