Batch create a set of SignUp Lists
Instead of creating each SignUp list by hand, save time by creating several at once. You can set the names for each SignUp list, as well as the settings that will be applied to all of them.
- Go to the content area where you want the link to the list to appear
- Select Build Content, then click SignUp List
- Click Batch Create
- Enter the names of the SignUp lists you want to create. Use the + and – buttons to add/remove the fields for the names, up to a maximum of twenty.
- Enter the instructions that will appear at the top of each SignUp list
- Set the dates and times where you want students to be able to sign up to the lists. Outside of these dates, your students will be told that it isn’t open/has closed.
- Set the number of places available on the lists, and if you want students to be able to sign up to a reserve list
- If you don’t want a reserve list, set Reserve Lists Size to zero
- Show names on the lists applies to the students view of the lists. If it is ticked, they see everyone else on the list. If it is unticked, they will only see their own
- Choose if you want students to be able to remove themselves from the lists, and reserve lists (if you have them enabled)
- You can get the SignUp lists to also create a Blackboard group, and also select if students are automatically added to the group.
- Create a group if you want your students to engage with each other using blogs, wikis etc
- If you’re just using this list as a way of collecting students’ names, you probably won’t want a Blackboard group with this list, so select None
- Finally, you’ll see the familiar Blackboard options for a piece of content
- When you’re done, click Submit
- If you are creating groups for use with these lists, you’ll see see the Create Group screen.
- Edit the group names if required (they will be named after the SignUp list)
- Choose which tools are available to the members in the groups
- Click Submit when you’re done.
- Published: 3 years ago
- Updated: 3 years ago